Video: .MP4, AVC, 1728×1080, 30 fps | Audio: English, AAC, 44.1 KHz, 2 Ch | Duration: 19 hours | 4.1 GB
Instructor: Adrian Cantrill
Deep dive and become an expert with Amazon’s managed, scalable and fast NoSQL database platform, even if you’ve never used it before!
This is a comprehensive 19 hour deep-dive that will give you an expert-level understanding of Amazon DynamoDB.
Amazon DynamoDB is a managed, NoSQL database platform and due to its speed, scalability and low-cost its rapidly becoming a standard product to use in web, serverless and in some cases traditional application stacks.
In this course students are taken from little to no Database experience, through to a deep-dive or advanced level of knowledge. The course initially introduces key concepts such as SQL and NoSQL databases, in addition to Python and JSON which are used throughout the lab sections of the course. Over the 18 hours of course content the basic usage and inner workings of DynamoDB is introduced via theory and lab based lessons. Each lesson is between 5 and 20 minutes and you can watch along as as lessons are completed on-screen, or follow along using the course resources provided with each lesson.
For advanced users, don’t worry, the second half of the course expands existing knowledge, or what you’ve learned in the basics section. Via deep-dive theory lessons and complex labs the course provides the skills needed to implement and manage high performance DynamoDB implementations.
Some of the exciting things we’ll cover in the course include :-
1. SQL Introduction and NoSQL family overview
2. Python and JSON 101 – for those without a Developer background
3. Core Concepts – Table and Item structure
4. Console and CLI overview and introduction
5. Performance, Security, Logging and Monitoring
6. Effective data modelling & evolution
7. Conditional and Update Expressions – Scaling at a DB level
8. Partitions – understanding & leveraging
9. Indexes – how they work, using them effectively and advanced use-cases
10. Triggers – using streams & lambda for server less event driven response
11. Federated access – cognito & web identity access
12. Export & Import, Replication & DR
13. Using EMR & Hive for SQL querying of DyanmoDB data
This course has something for everyone, whatever your DynamoDB skill level.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)