Neil Middleton, Richard Schneeman | 2013 | ISBN: 144934139X | English | 100 pages | ePUB,PDF | 5 MB
Take full advantage of Heroku’s cloud-based hosting services. This guide takes you through the inner workings of this PaaS platform and delivers practical advice for architecting your application to work as efficiently as possible. You’ll learn best practices for improving speed and throughput, solving latency issues, locating and fixing problems if your application goes down, and ensuring your deployments go smoothly.
By covering everything from basic concepts and primary components to add-on services and advanced topics such as buildpacks, this book helps you effectively deploy and manage your application with Heroku.
Learn your way around Heroku with the command line interface
Discover several methods for scaling your application to increase throughput
* Speed up response time through performance optimizations
* Solve latency issues by deploying your Heroku instance in new regions
* Choose the right plan for using Heroku’s PostgreSQL database-as-a-service
* Get a checklist of items to consider when deploying your application
* Find and fix problems during deployment, at runtime, and when your application goes down
* Understand how Heroku buildpacks work, and learn how customize your own
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)